Friday, October 13, 2006

Arrival in London

We arrived in London fairly late at night. We were prepared for it but everything here is so expensive. I just don't understand why anyone would choose to live here. Hopefully I will find that out over the next few days. We picked up groceries for 1 diner (bread, a cheap bottle of wine and cheese) and breakfast (milk & cereal) for $55.

I was hoping to find really good beer in London. I was thinking that England was known for it's beer but when I thought more on the subject I realized that it is really more known for it's drinking. Most of the beer I can find is imported. These betting/drinking sites remind me that we in in the home country of Andy Cap.

The tube in London is well.. tube shaped. The trains we have seen have been clean and the system is extremely well run. It is most remarkable that none of the trains we see are covered with Graffiti.
This is the Witherspoons pub across from the London Tower. We discovered later that this is a chain. Nice pubs like this appear to be where people go to discuss business. It is only a semi-social event meant to establish and maintain business relationships. Posted by Picasa

No comments: