Monday, March 16, 2009

Easy Day





Today we had kind of an easy day. Our daughter was not feeling well in the morning. A late morning stroll through the streets found us quickly at breakfast after a quick stop at the Pharmacy. The potatos and tubers we had for lunch were very good and very unique. (Well, good except for the one that looks like blue cheese. That one was unique.) Like Europe and most of the rest of the world, the drug prescription pharmacy system works better and more efficiently than in the US. For simple problems the Pharmacist prescribes and fills the medication on the spot. With such highly trained Pharmasists in the USA it is a shame that we do use Pharmasists for much more than dispensing agents.




In a small square we took the pictures of one of the many Incan people in traditional dress who are looking for money to have their pictures taken. I was somewhat offended when what we offered was not enough. I guess you need to negotiate before hand. The experience kind of made my skin crawl because it is really not what I want to support.



Our son was in need of a haircut. I have always wanted to get my haircut in a foreign country for the experience. I think that the experience was just as painful as getting his haircut at home (he hates ahircuts) with the added displeasure of getting trimmed with a straight edge razor. I have to say that he did get one of his best haircuts ever.


1 comment:

mmichele said...

If only my boys were there to join him... :)