Sunday, March 08, 2009

I Like Lima


I think that I may really like all of South America in fact.  Similar to Europe yet quite different and much cheaper to visit.  I must admite that I am a little bit sick of  travelers talking about how wonderful, outgoing and friendly the people are in whatever place they are visiting.  But the fact of the matter is that there must be something a little different with the culture here or we have just happened to run into many wonderful people looking to say "Hi" and help us out without looking for any return.

We are staying at the Barranco Backpackers in the south of Lima.  The youth hostel is OK, but it's location is really unbeatable.  The Barranco is the Bohemian section of town; safe to walk around at night with lots of great activities and good places to eat

No comments: